Marcus Aurelius was born in AD 121. He was the last of the Five Good Emperors, and is also considered one of the most important members of the Stoic philosophers.
Marcus Aurelius’ tome “Meditations,” is still revered as a literary monument to a philosophy of service and duty, describing how to find and preserve equanimity in the midst of conflict by following nature as a source of guidance and inspiration.
1. Dwell on the beauty of life. Watch the stars, and see yourself running with them.
2. Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.
3. The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts.
4. You have power over your mind—not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.
5. Accept the things to which fate binds you, and love the people with whom fate brings you together, but do so with all your heart.
6. Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.
7. Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one.
8. When you arise in the morning think of what a privilege it is to be alive, to think, to enjoy, to love.
9. It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live.
10. If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it.
You have read this article Educational / Marcus Aurelius / New Heroes / Philosophy with the title Top 10 Timeless Words of Wisdom from Marcus Aurelius. You can bookmark this page URL http://sashasaysgiveaway.blogspot.com/2012/11/top-10-timeless-words-of-wisdom-from.html. Thanks!