Variety says that Warner Bros. has hired Will Beall, writer of the upcoming “Gangster Squad,” to write a new script for a Justice League movie. Here’s why you shouldn’t get excited:
1) It’s just a script. WB has commissioned many, many JL movie scripts, and you can see how many JL movies that’s resulted in (clue: NONE).
2) Beall is also writing the “Lethal Weapon” remake and the “Logan’s Run” remake, and Variety implies he’s turning those in first.
3) We have no idea how good “Gangster Squad” will be, and literally the only thing IDMB has him listed as writing are scripts for “Castle,” a fine TV show, but I don’t think it suggest the talents to write a good Justice League movie.
4) It’s Warner Bros., and they always fuck this up. Even when they actually make the movie, they usually fuck it up.
But there are a few reasons why you could get excited:
1) “ The Avengers” has made well over a billion dollars. Warner Bros. has seen that superhero team movies can do quite well, so if there’s a time to actually make the damn thing, now is the time to do it.
2) I thought I had more, but I guess that’s it.
So. There you have it. Right now, I’m just going to pretend this doesn’t exist, because it probably won’t.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
EVEN IF YOU DON’T LIKE US
You have read this article Batman / Comics / Green Lantern / Justice League / Movies / Nerd Alert / Super Heroes / Superman / The Flash / Wonder Woman with the title Warner Bros. Tries to Make a Justice League Movie, Part XIII. You can bookmark this page URL http://sashasaysgiveaway.blogspot.com/2012/06/warner-bros-tries-to-make-justice.html. Thanks!