Flink12, a new social networking site, has just launched its Global Icon Art Competition. They’re offering $3,000 commissions to create icons for the site. This is a great opportunity for artists and graphic designers to promote their work globally and possibly win a longer-term contract with them.
Flink12 is looking for original, fun and expressive graphic icons to be used as status updates for the network. These icons will be used daily by Flinkers on their web browsers and mobile devices.
The competition is open to artists anywhere in the world. Only original artwork, conceived and created by the entrant, will be considered.
Preparing Your Entry
1. Create a Flink12 account with a minimum of 6 people in your Flink.
2. You must submit at least 4 icons, one in each category of mood, health, activity and event. Title the icon set. Art must be submitted in 72×72, 100×100 and 144×144 dpi digital files saved as .png. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. All submitted icons will be reviewed by Flink12 and if your art is chosen by Flink12 to enter the competition, then your 4 icons will be added to the competition submission category of Flink12. There will be no payment for competition submitted icons.
4. The names of all artists (whose art is accepted in the competition and published in the competition area of the Flink12 website) will be listed in the competition area of Flink12 while their art is published.
5. If you are selected for publication of a feature set, Flink12 will commission you on a work for hire contract for minimum US $3,000 contract to create feature icon sets for global publication on Flink12. Flink12 may select more than one artist to create feature icon sets.
6. Artists may also be selected to create custom artwork for other aspects of Flink12.
7. The program starts May 1, 2011, and can be ended by Flink12 at any time.
8. Review of artwork is ongoing and artists may be selected for feature icon sets at any time.
9. There is no limit to the number of icons samples you may enter. Email your entry along with the icons and title for the icon set. Include your name, city and country.
Art must be submitted in 72×72, 100×100 and 144×144 dpi digital files. The file must be saved as a .png. File names should include only letters, numbers and spaces.
At this time there is no deadline for entries. Flink12 reserves the right to close the competition at any time.
Entries will be reviewed and the Flink12 staff will choose finalists. All properly prepared entries will be reviewed. The decision of Flink12 is final. Flink12 reserves the right to re-categorize entries.
All artists selected by Flink12 will be notified via email. Artists who are not selected will not be individually notified of the results.
Flink12 reserves the right to publish your name, company name, city and country along with the icon set you enter.
They’ve put together a microsite with all of the info on the competition along with images, videos, banners and more. Click here to view the site. Please feel free to share any or all of it.
You have read this article Events and Promos with the title Get Your Flink On & Win $3,000. You can bookmark this page URL http://sashasaysgiveaway.blogspot.com/2011/05/get-your-flink-on-win-3000.html. Thanks!